Mobile Broadband is gaining momentum with the fast adoption of 3G/4G enabled netbooks, and the new category of mobile Internet devices (MIDs). The popularity of flat rate data plans and the trend of subsidized MIDs has greatly accelerated the adoption of these devices.
With Vitendo’s vConnect solution, mobile operators can now deliver value added services on these devices and establish their presence on the desktop. vConnect is a standalone connection manager, which helps subscriber manage their connectivity to the various networks 3G, 4G, WiFi or WiMax. vConnect’s architecture, keeps it network access, carrier and device agnostic and thereby helps preserve investment.
- Roaming across 3G, LTE, WiFi, WiMax
- Voice and Messaging over WiFi (when combined with vFone)
- Enterprise connectivity (EAP-TLS, EAP-SIM, EAP-TTLS (PAP/CHAP/MSCHAP), EAP-FAST)
- Hotspot Sign-On (WISPr, GIS/iPass)
- Complete SIM Management (PIN, PUK)
- Automatic launch of VPN and applications upon connection
- Network /Adaptor Diagnostics
- WiFi network scanner, Profile setup
- Traffic monitoring per the data plan subscription
- Multi-lingual, skin able user interface
- Remote Software Upgrade
vConnect Supported Platforms
vConnect is supported on Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops and mobile internet devices. A minimum of 30MB of hard disk space and 1GB of RAM is required for optimal functioning.
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits)
- Microsoft Windows 7